GP »The Microservice Dungeon 2.0« (GP Microservice Dungeon 2.0 (SS22)), SS22
- Begin/End and Scheduling
21.03.2022 - 31.08.2022. Organized as an agile project with sprints every 2 weeks. Workload is 2-3 working days per week, depending on whether it is a project in Master Computer Science or Master Digital Sciences.
As a Software developer I can refactor and further develop a complex brownfield microservice architecture, like "The Microservice Dungeon",
by me ...
- understanding the way the software landscape works, and where its flaws are, by implementing one part (a Player) as a starting point,
- prioritizing new features and refactoring tasks in an agile team process,
- specify, implement, test, and run my enhancements,,
- participate in Code Fights with my own Player, thus using my own software,,
- describe my work, my results, and my reflection in a developer documentation and a team presentation,
so that I can try out how it is to work in a team developing complex software systems with a distributed back and front end.
- 14:00 Sprint review / planning DevOps subteam
- 14:30 Getting to know each other / Introduction to the project
- 15:00 Work organisation
- 15:30 Finalization of Sprint Planning
- Sprint structure
- 4 participants in 8CP GPs, 2 in 12CP GPs
- see Excel
- Project plan
- Everyone works on own player
- Code Fight
- Development phase
- Code Fight (2)
- Final presentation
- Fixed working days
- agreed within team
- how many?
- Presence or online?
- Currently, university closed to presence until Apr 19
- Better for team work: presence in a common room (if Corona situation allows this)
- Discord as messenger
- Will follow soon
- Code & architecture quality first
- DevOps & infrastructure
- Provide self-service tools for the teams
- Best practice DB solutions - shared DB instance per technology?
- version upgrade professionalizatin
- local dev env productification
- Kubernetes cluster (Jannik / Ollie?)
- monitoring infrastructure
- full self-service infrastructure
- Gameplay - further development
- simple & generic? or very specialized?
- simplify rules
- optimize numbers for trading etc.
- Refactor Asynchronous API
- Masterarbeit Fabian Weiß (Authorisation / Authentification)
- redesign Async API
- Refactor inter-service communication (sync => async)
- commands chain within core services is now REST-based
- should be refactored towards async messages
- Generic Player
- core features?
- how much should the people do themselves, what is provided by player?
- individual client
- Design Pattern Mining
- Plop conference?
- RBAC (Authorization / Authentication)
- Dungeon Dashboard
- microfrontend-inspired approach
- Gamelog integration (Grafana)
- layer-based grid (Map, Robot)
Next meeting and todos